Overture, Curtain, Lights! This Is It, The Night of Nights!

This is a new venture for me.

My first post on a brand new adventure.

Let me be frank; this is not my first blog.  I've somewhat maintained my original blog since 2010, though I often let it fall to the wayside. However, recently, during a long conversation with a friend, an idea was presented to me.  The whole world is going through a nightmare right now, and, to be honest, I have found myself floundering on how to respond.  Many thanks to Amelia at The Morse Actors Studio for coming up with the idea.  This will be a learning process for me, so I welcome any insights or comments on what I'm posting.

So, you're probably asking yourself, "what is the idea this schmuck keeps talking about?"  Well, I'm simply going to talk about cast recordings...

Sounds crazy, no?  But here, in our little village of Anatevka.... I have listened to far too many shows. In all honesty, I have performed for close to twenty years, working on countless productions, and I have been collecting cast albums since I was in junior high.  As I write this, I have over 750 cast recordings in various forms (digital, CD, LP, etc.).

Now, how do I put this information into the creation of a blog?  Once or twice a week, I will write about a different cast recording, delving into the creation of the show, some fun history, and a track by track breakdown of my thoughts. If this is something that sounds interesting to you, please come along on this journey with me.  I can use all the support I can get.

The first legit post will probably come out this weekend at some point, and to those that are wondering.....  the first post will not be about Grease.

Good night, and good listening
StrawPunz

Comments

Popular Posts